Thursday, November 13, 2008

You're only as old as you feel...

This image from the net I think captures perfectly this feeling I have a lot, that my mind has no idea how old my body is. Even though I'm not in the best of shape, and at times I feel every one of my 51 years, most of the time my self image is of myself in my 30's, still limber and energetic, and waiting for what life has to offer. I hope I never lose that and start to feel my age all the time. I feel like the future holds so much promise, that there are so many things to do and see and be - sometimes that feeling is hard to reconcile with what I see when I look in the mirror. I hope to make some improvement in fitness over the next year, to bring those two realities, the internal and external one, at least a little closer together. And I also like this photo because it shows a couple, not just a person alone, and I think the energy in life is all about the relationships you have.

-till next time